There are five major reasons for a business to recycle paper.
1. Recycling Paper Helps the EnvironmentIt is easy to assume that the small amount of material recycled in an individual office makes little difference environmentally. However, reproducing the effort of one business through the country leads to major improvements in the environment. The Australian Conservation Foundation has found that one tonne of recycled paper saves over 31,000 litres of water, 4,100 kilowatts of electricity and at least 13 trees. In a country as dry as Australia and with the threat of global warming, any savings are a significant contribution to improving the environment.
2. Recycling Paper is Economically ResponsibleSimple steps to improve awareness of recycling in an office or shop can lead to significant savings for business. For example, when ordering material from printing services, a request for two side printing can save money for the company and is environmentally friendly.
The individual employee can also save costs by recycling paper in the office. Using the reverse side of printing paper for taking notes or printing drafts can make a similar contribution to saving the environment and reducing costs.
3. Recycling Reduces Waste and Improves Efficiency
Through recycling material, wastes can be reduced. For example, recycling paper reduces the amount that goes to landfill. This in turn reduces the amount of waste produced by the company. Many garbage disposal companies cost their services according to weight or number of pickups per week. Recycling can reduce rubbish and the cost of waste services.
4. Recycling Paper Promotes a Clean Green Image
A trustworthy image is vital for a business. Promoting the company’s use of recycled paper can enhance that image. A note on office stationery that the company uses recycled paper, shows that the enterprise is a responsible corporate citizen. Consumers are attracted to companies with a high degree of responsibility and reliability. Thus promoting a ‘green’ image leads to an increase in sales and reputation.
5. Recycling Paper Produces JobsRecycling of any sort creates work in new green energy fields. More jobs mean more consumers with disposable income. Not only does responsible recycling result in helping the wider economy it also affects the growth of businesses in manufacturing or service fields.
All companies rely on print material for promotion via business card printing, brochure printing or paper for office purposes. Recycling those paper products has many benefits for businesses of all sizes. It is economically and environmentally advantageous and contributes towards community wealth. It also improves the image of the company in the marketplace.